The Grand Rapids YMCA Service Club's major fund raiser. The White Elephant Sale has become a Grand Rapids institution since getting started in 1928. 2016 was a record year, raising $80,000+ for Camp Manitou-Lin.
2017 Sale dates: April 28 & 29
We anticipate an incredible selection of new and donated merchandise for our massive two-day sale once again in 2017. Here is a list of just some things we sell well --- office supplies, clothes, building supplies, books, bicycles, furniture, fabric, carpet remnants, tools, stereos and TV’s (working), file cabinets, toys, plumbing fixtures, pictures, hardware, antiques and collectibles, boats, and anything else we can sell.
WE WELCOME YOUR DONATIONS:
- Use our ONLINE PICKUP FORM, bit.ly/wespickup2017, if you have many or large items to donate and you'd like us to pick them up.
- DROP OFF your donations, 3450 Plainfield Ave. NE (next to Harbor Freight & Big Lots)
-- Now until April 11 - EVERY SATURDAY, 9 am 'til Noon
-- After April 11 - MONDAY THRU SATURDAY, 9 am 'til Noon
- QUESTIONS about a PICKUP: send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ITEM’S THAT CANNOT BE ACCEPTED:
We appreciate all the generous donations given to the White Elephants Sale. However, there items that cannot be accepted for various reasons. Please review the list of some key items below. Pick-up drivers will use their judgment
and may indicate there are some items that cannot be donated.
- Firearms and Ammunition
- Containers for any type of gas or oil including propane tanks
- Toxic materials of any type
- Open cosmetics, health care products
- Used paint of any type
- Photo Chemicals
- Used Computers – we recommend you contact CompRenew to recycle your old computers
- Non-working TV’s – we may ask you to show the TV being donated is in working order
- Cell Phones or Cell Phone Chargers – please work with the various cell phone companies to recycle/donate old cell phones. EPA Guide to Cell Phone Recycling
- Flourescent light tubes
- Broken or non-functional items
- Used - Vaporizers or humidifiers – only new will be accepted
- Used Mattresses and box Springs
- Appliances that don’t function – we may ask you to show the appliance is functioning
- Used hot water heaters or water softeners
- Wood office credenzas
- Wood office desks
- Old clothing - only clothing that is gently used can be accepted